5 Fun Valentines Day Crafts
12 Feb 2014
There are so many fun craft activities for Valentines Day. Here are a couple of my kids’ favorites:
1. Heart Pocket for Holding Valentines Day Cards – Simply take two paper plates or pieces of sturdy paper and cut out the shape of a heart. Put a couple staples around the base and sides of the heart, leaving the top open for placing the valentines day cards inside. Punch two holes near the top of the heart for the string. Let your kids color, paint, and decorate the heart and you are all set!
2. Bead Necklace – Use red, purple, pink and white beads to make a colorful Valentines Day necklaces.
3. Love Bug – Use any kind of foam or paper shapes, markers and crayons, and pipe cleaners for the antennas. Add magnets for arms and legs or attach love bug to a wrap-around paper hat.
4. Heart Wreath – Cut out the shape of a heart in the middle of a paper plate, leaving the bottom of the heart attached to the outer circle. Let kids glue foam hearts, place stickers and gems, and color on the outer circle of the wreath. For more style, add tissue paper inside the wreath circle. Punch a hole for a ribbon or string and hang near a window.
5. Valentines Day Graham Crackers – Apply colorful frosting to a graham cracker, add red and pink sprinkles and enjoy!